- 37 doesn’t feel as old as what my 15 year old self would have me believe.
- The best friends I had when I was 17 are still my best friends.
- Friends I’ve made in adulthood are fewer and farther between but they are genuine and life-giving.
- Having kids has made me a better person.
- Going to counseling doesn’t mean you’re crazy, or weak, or on the brink of divorce.
In following through with my New Year’s resolution to stay off social media for the month of January, I’ve noticed a few things:
- I check my phone far more than I thought I did.
*I never realized what a habit it is for me to look at my phone! It’s like any time I have a spare second I’m reaching for the thing! I feel so silly grabbing it so much now since I’m off social media. Like do I really need to check my email 100 times a day?Read More
New Year’s Resolutions.
Are you the kind of person that makes them every year? Or do you skip it so as not to feel bad about not keeping them by the end of January?
I used to never make resolutions but I’d say in the last 5 years or so, I’ve consistently made resolutions every year. Maybe “resolutions” isn’t the right word; I make goals at the beginning of the year. I think this is partly due to my husband. When Kyle got into sales many moons ago, he would make goals at the beginning of the year for work.Read More